AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Viper
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/2/2006 06:06 (#31894 - in reply to #31477)
Subject: RE: Viper/Separate Lightbar

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have a Raven lightbar and also use Ag Leader's Insight with Direct Command in my liquid sprayer. This is not the exact situation that you refer to but has some common features.

The lightbar and Insight display are completely independent with the Lightbar getting its GPS from one port and the Insight from another port from by GPS receiver.

I find the combination of the two products to be helpful and they work together well.

My spraying is all done on Rows and I use the lightbar's ROW or SED (seed) setting to get on the correct set of rows and the follow the rows after that.

I am familiar with the Viper and have never been impressed with the onscreen indicator and feel that the separate lightbar display has advantages.

That being said, my Insight system now has an on screen lightbar display available. This is part of the 3.5 firmware version that is currently available. I understand this is to be used in conjunction with the AutoPilot option that some of us have. I have not even looked at it, nor tried to use it yet.

Edited by tedbear 8/2/2006 06:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)