AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TruCount electric clutchs & swath control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/19/2008 06:37 (#361057 - in reply to #360675)
Subject: RE: TruCount electric clutchs & swath control

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
If you notice my posts below you will see that I had a problem with an Insight Seed Command system with electric clutches on one particular planter.

The other planters we setup were fine. This one was problematic however. After my post a few others indicated a similar problem. I made an "interceptor harness" to aid with this problem. It seems to work in dooryard tests but has no field experience since it is wet here and getting wetter.

I made and shipped an "interceptor harness" for another party yesterday who experienced a similar problem with a four clutch White Planter.

It sounds as if your problem is similar. Some type of harness like I made for my situations might be the answer.

I would not be interested in making such a harness for several reasons. The harness is really quite simple but working with an unknown setup is dangerous so say the least.

The basic concept of my harness is as follows: Use a relay to handle the high current requirements of cycling the electric clutches. A common 12V relay is used to run the clutches from a really good power source. The relays (one for each section) are triggered by the system.

I indicated that I was going to make a spare for a two clutch Seed Command system and post a picture but haven't done so due to time constraints.

Edited by tedbear 4/19/2008 06:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)