AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New GS2 systems really work!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 4/17/2008 00:52 (#359648 - in reply to #359640)
Subject: RE: New GS2 systems really work!

NE SD

I'm glad to hear that. I haven't even been able to play with ours yet other than screen setup because the tractor needs an SSU update to autosteer. It seems like a lot but I'm hoping with the ability to setup 2-6 home pages that dad will be able to handle it even easier than the GS1 systems. This is our first display and we are planning on another for next year. We will be using Farmworks.

We are setting up an RTK system as well. It will be interesting to see how all of this progresses. There's currently 3 different farms in on it and two more have expressed interest.

As far as your swath control and rate controller, are you planning on adding more sections to your corn planter? I'm tempted to setup ours so that the fertilizer will be controlled sectionally as well. Only problem will be the high cost of electric ball valves.

Is your planter hydraulic drive or manual? If it's manual, does it use power to engage the drive or to disengage the drive? With the hydraulic drives, 12v is supplied to engage the drives. One is better off installing normally closed relays on the ground side that cut the ground to the solenoids when the swath control sends out voltage to shutoff those sections.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)