AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It always amazes me how much manure there is in a pile!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 10/30/2014 19:42 (#4152536)
Subject: It always amazes me how much manure there is in a pile!

Driftless SW Wisconsin

I'm running behind this fall on getting the mostly composted pile of last winter's pack spread. It is mostly composted but I probably should have turned the bottom a time or two more.   I thought I'd get this done in a few hours and get back to other projects that need to be done ahead of winter....  fat chance.

It wasn't a real big pile, especially after it had mostly composted and shrunk down over the summer. At least it didn't appear to be a big pile. However it took spreader load after spreader load to finally get down to near ground level.

The old NH 165 spreader works very well for being used just once or twice a year. As long as I don't overload it too badly.  Here's a pic of the best load, the last load. 

Funny thing is after spreading a whole lot of this stuff, it actually starts to smell pretty good. At least much better than it did when I made the pile last spring!

A lot more cubic yards (and spreader loads) in a pile than I thought by looking at it when I started.

As Garvo says about the last 8 rows of corn, here is the best load of the day - the last one!

Jim

(IMG001_finally the last load 103014.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG001_finally the last load 103014.jpg (76KB - 116 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)