AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lepto vibrio vac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

denice.r
Posted 10/26/2014 08:24 (#4145418 - in reply to #4145190)
Subject: RE: lepto vibrio vac

south east Indiana
I was just not going say anything about vaccines from farm stores but the vet tech in me just can't do that.
You have NO Idea if those vaccines are handled properly when purchased from the farm stores. Do they sit in the store room or on the truck for a day or 3 days or 5 till they get put in the fridge? Does everyone shut the door on the fridge when they open it? Giving vaccines that are not stored properly will sure not save you a few pennies, one sick animal and you cost yourself a whole lot more. Is the farm store going to stand behind your vaccine program or come out and treat a sick animal or call the manufacture of the vaccine for you???
The vet can get vaccines the next day or two. They will help you come up with a health program for your situation and stand behind you if you have problems. They can tell you what can and should be used when and with what ect. I have no problems with the mail order vet supply places if shipped on ice ect. I would bet the vet may even match the price from another source but you are getting their expertise when you buy the vaccine from them.
A few cents a head is a small price to pay for the time you call and need then NOW and they drop everything and rearrange their appointment for you.
Some vets will even understand you buying from a vet supply co if they can not meet that price.

ok moving on ;-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)