AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More DirectCommand and Accuflow Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/14/2008 23:02 (#358148 - in reply to #358141)
Subject: RE: More DirectCommand and Accuflow Questions

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Your problem is using the Fast Valves for ON/OFF situations. No wonder you were complaining about slow reaction. The reason the system is not opening up quickly is that you are using the Fast Close Control Valves for Boom Shut Off. These valves are opening up very slowly. If you had used the standard ON/Off valves for the boom sections they will open very quickly and you only have to wait for the Fast control valve to seek the correct rate.

What you really should have got for a four section NH3 rig is 5 standard ON/Off valves where one is plumbed and wired as the Master and a Standard Control valve. We have never plumbed or wired a bar into four sections but there is no reason it wouldn't work with the setup mentioned above.

Concerning the SideKick. Once you get the standard valves for the boom sections into the system it is simply a matter of splicing on their trigger lines and feeding them to the correct pins in the Sidekick harness. The wiring pattern is Boom 1 - Pin 6, Boom 2 - Pin 2, Boom 3 - Pin 5, Boom 4 - Pin 7.

Once the LCM triggers the boom valves (the master would need the diode "OR" circuit that I mentioned before), then the Injection pump will start and run at the proper speed for the ground speed, rate and booms that are currentluy ON.

I am afraid you will continue to have problems with the equipment that you have been sold.

You indicate that the air temp is 45 degrees. The product may not be 45 degrees due to the lag in warmup for better weather. When you see fluctuations in the rate it is usually because the turbine in the flowmeter is fluctuating. This is often caused by vapor in the product. This problem is more prevelant with larger bars, high rates, higher ground speeds and cool temperatures.

Edited by tedbear 4/14/2008 23:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)