AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto section control on CIH 1200 w/AFS pro600 monitor, questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

MidMOfarmer
Posted 4/14/2008 22:36 (#358093)
Subject: Auto section control on CIH 1200 w/AFS pro600 monitor, questions

Im having some trouble finding out some specifics of the settings for this. I think GPSnut or someone posted that the only book that covers this is the V16 front fold book. My planter is a pivot transport and my dealer does not have one of the other books. I really hate to get a book only to have a few pages that are useful to me. There are only three settings that I see for the section control. One is to turn it on or off. Another one is percent overlap. I assume this means that if it is on 75%, a 10' section will overlap 7.5' into the planted area before it shuts off? Does anyone know? The other option is lead time or something like that and it was factory set at 3 seconds, I have no idea what this is. The thing Im most confused about is I havent seen anywhere that allows me to enter in a measurement for the distance between the receiver and toolbar. This is on a Deere tractor so I had to enter in the receiver height and distance in front of the rear axle. The only thing I can think of is the planter knows the distance from the toolbar to the front of the hitch, and I have entered in the value for the distance the receiver is in front of the axle and then it uses a generic figure for the distance from the tractor axle to the hitch. This would be a pretty close figure but I would think it could vary at least a foot or two from tractor to tractor? TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)