AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2nd Round Vaccinations / Weaning timing - Need Opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

17821x
Posted 10/7/2014 05:10 (#4113323)
Subject: 2nd Round Vaccinations / Weaning timing - Need Opinions

NE Iowa
Brought cows / calves all back to home farm from summer pasture about 10 days ago. Short 1.5 mile trailer ride. That same day the calves got poured and vaccinated with a 5 way ML respiratory, 7 way Clostridial, Pastuerella shot, and a Mycoplasma Bovis shot. The cows and calves are basically in a dry lot situation right now. They calves are eating probably 8# a day of corn / oats mix out of a creep feeder. The calves are also eating a couple # of alfalfa hay out of a creep feeder per day. When I wean them I plan on giving them an intranasal respiratory booster and another Pastuerella shot. What do you guys think is the optimum timing of weaning compared to when they had the vaccinations. Do I wean them now (10 days)? Wait full 2 weeks? 3 weeks? Would like to wean them sooner rather then later because the weather is nice. But they are eating plenty of creep so if I need to wait it is not a big deal either. Just curious on if anyone has any opinion on what is the optimum timing between vaccinations and weaning.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)