AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone using FarmerGPS? (Also Mounting picture)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

unifarmor
Posted 4/7/2008 11:45 (#351793)
Subject: Anyone using FarmerGPS? (Also Mounting picture)

Western Oregon
I really want this program to work but am frustrated.
What sort of antennas are you using?
Does it matter what direction you are going? (East to West or North to South?)
Is it only a west coast thing that my offset increases as the sun goes down? (I assume satellites are low on the horizon)

Is there anything in between my $35 ebay special garmin and an $800 - $1200 novatel or envizio?
I have a garmin 18 and a Fujitsu 3400 computer. No I have not paid my fee to get rid of the 20 minute demo.
My offset varies from 1 foot to fifteen. Sometimes the mark just jumps over 10 feet. I like the features of Farmer GPS but don't really want to invest $1500 when I could buy a raven cruzer for the same price. (which can easily be moved from tractor to tractor and I think you can read the screen in bright sunlight)
FarmerGPS keeps me from getting lost and turning around at the end of the field but I mostly use it after dark when I'm having serious problems. Otherwise, I have a foam marker but tend to run out of foam before the end of the day.

I do have a pretty fair mounting setup. Bought a quickrelease dock on ebay and attached it to metal backing plate with JB weld. Also have a clamp to hold it in. Works pretty good. Especially for listening to iTunes. Can sometimes get internet radio if there is an unsecured network nearby.

(Farmer GPS.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Farmer GPS.jpg (95KB - 261 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)