AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replace Dewalt cutter head? Wood worker question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DRester
Posted 8/31/2014 16:01 (#4048861 - in reply to #4048701)
Subject: RE: Replace Dewalt cutter head? Wood worker question.

Franklinton, LA
I do not know if you can take your planer apart and install a 3-blade cutter head. However, I am guessing you can sell your planer on EBay or Craig's List. You can probably buy a new #735 planer for the cost of a new cutter head and what you receive from selling your present planer. Also, repairs to the new planer will be covered for 3-years by the DeWalt warranty. I purchased a new #735 DeWalt Planer 8 or 9 years ago and it is still doing a good job. The surface finish is very good and the boards require very little sanding before applying a finish. The DeWalt #735 Planer is very slow. I buy my planer blades on EBay and they are still expensive. DeWalt planer knives cost me about $0.50 for each board foot of lumber that I plane. About 7 years back I bought a 15" 3-HP Grizzly planer that was a lot more productive and did a very good job. After 4 years of using the Grizzly on larger jobs, I sold it for about 2/3 the purchase price. The Grizzly planer blades will last a lot longer than the DeWalt blades so this will reduce your cost. If you plan to plane over 500 board feet of lumber, I would seriously consider a 15" 3 HP planer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)