AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the optimal wake-up alarm settings?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mx270a
Posted 4/7/2008 00:53 (#351538)
Subject: What is the optimal wake-up alarm settings?

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
As per the discussion several posts down, I'd like to ask how you would prefer the audio wake-up alarm to work? I'm designing an auto-steer system, so I may as well have a wake-up alert that people can set how ever they want.

Currently I have a dual-stage alarm. The idea is that when you get within 100 feet (configurable distance) of the end, the system will play a sound (once or continuously). Then when you get to the second distance, it will play a different sound continuously until you tell it to shut up or disengage the auto-steer. The sound file can be about anything, volume is of course something you can set. The idea is that the first alert is a friendly reminder, but not annoying. The second alert can be louder and more annoying to wake you up, if you fail to acknowledge the first alert.

I've also dealt with raising/lowering the implement (or disengage/engage steering) in the middle of the field, so that doesn't effect the field end locations where the alerts will trigger, so long as you're on the same pass number.

If you could improve on the above concept, how would you do it?

-Lance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)