AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It never gets any easier....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 8/30/2014 12:13 (#4047069 - in reply to #4046372)
Subject: RE: It never gets any easier....

West of Broken Bow
Thanks y'all. She was the sweetest little thing I've ever seen. She knew what certain words meant . Very very observant. Looking back now, I realize there were signs missed. She had been vomiting occassionally for a few weeks. We'd give her something to settle her stomach. A few days ago she quit eating and drinking. Finally got her to drink some water, but she was still dehydrated. My sister gave her some fluids intravenously and she acted like she felt better. But yesterday she had to be fed with a syringe to get food and medicine down her as we thought maybe it was a virus causing an upset stomach. She vomited it all back up. Last night she started having seizures and that's when the yellowing of the skin on her abdomen was noticed. That was an obvious sign of liver failure. The blood tests confirmed it. Her blood was like red mud. It was very hard to put her to sleep and I told her I wished there was something else we could do. I thanked her for being such a sweet puppy and that maybe one day we'll see her again.

She had arthritis and had to be given a weekly shot of a drug to help with that. Makes me wonder if that drug contributed to the liver failure. Did everything we could to keep her comfortable.

It's amazing how something so small can have such a big personality and give so much joy and affection. Her absence has sure left a big void.

Edited by TractorAddict 8/30/2014 12:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)