AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

People with different levels of income
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

davpal
Posted 8/24/2014 11:14 (#4035549 - in reply to #4035137)
Subject: RE: People with different levels of income

Mid Michigan
I truly believe that wanting something is far better than actually having it. Things run their course really fast and the thrill passes. You ever notice how it seems a couple can have everything you ever dreamed about having and they still get a divorce because they're miserable. Beautiful dream house, two new vehicles, landscaped yard and pond, finished garages and pole barns. A real showplace. Then it has a real estate sign out front. A perfect example is that "American Beauty" movie where Kevin Kline wants to be young and simple again. After he got fired from his stressful job he wanted a job at the burger joint with " the least amount of responsibility possible". I always thought there is a lot of truth to how we overcomplicate our lives trying to gain things and wealth and when we get there it's not that fun anyway. I have really, really tried to keep myself grounded by not buying everything I want at any time because I think it's a very unhealthy thing to do. Try to slow life down a little bit and not be tempted by every new gadget and then you don't have to have the same problems everybody else does. I'm sending this on $10 dollar a month dial up internet on a 10 year old desktop computer just for that reason. I don't always want the best of everything because then I wouldn't have things to look forward to.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)