AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

australia
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/22/2014 07:56 (#4031718 - in reply to #4028005)
Subject: RE: australia

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I was there a few years ago on an Ag Tour. This was in February/March. We stayed along the coast and the weather was fine. Great people and scenery, I'd like to go again. We landed in Sydney and went on a bus tour north of there. We flew to Cains and several other areas. On the return flight we stopped in New Zealand for a few days. I would recommend that as well.

We went with Rupiper Travel out of Yankton S.D. The trip was hosted by Larry Rupiper himself. I was very pleased at how they handled things for us. Everything was well organized and Larry went out of his way to pick up some additional stops along the way as time permitted.

They sublet part of the tour to a group from Australia as they furnished a guide/bus while we were there. We visited and even stayed at some local farms which was extremely interesting. We visited an auction yard and other things of interest to us farmer types. Part of the tour was the more tourist type attractions such as the Great Barrier Reef etc. I notice they still have this tour but it is less centered on agriculture than it was when I went.

If you are looking for a tour package I encourage you to check with Rupiper Travel. The only bad thing about the whole experience is the long flight. I love to fly but the trip from L.A. to Sydney is extreme. It still amazes me that a plane that large can stay in the air that long. I added up the flight times for the various legs of the 10 day trip. We were in the air right at 40 hours. This didn't count the time waiting in airports etc.

Edited by tedbear 8/22/2014 08:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)