AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere lays off 600 indefinitely
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

RJG
Posted 8/15/2014 20:34 (#4020352 - in reply to #4019998)
Subject: RE: Deere lays off 600 indefinitely

Galva, IL----- Half way between Peoria & Moline
jame - 8/15/2014 15:44

ILviaIA - 8/15/2014 15:40

centralillinois - 8/15/2014 15:27

Since June Deere stock has dropped from 93 dollars a share down to 85 a share. That's almost a ten percent drop in three months. I've got some in my retirement plan and thought about selling but I might as well hang on all the way down to the bottom. Hundreds of green combines sitting on dealers lots should be an indicator that deere might not be the stock to depend on.

They are a blue chip company with a well diversified business and a strong balance sheet. Value investors would call this coming into a buying opportunity. Ag is cyclical, no surprises there. They'll be around to ride the next cyle up. The smaller guys up and down the food chain, and yes of course, the factory line worker will suffer the most. Hopefully you didn't just start accumulating stock in the past 2-3 years.

They're also major players in heavy construction equipment, although not as big as Caterpillar, and imports Komatsu and Hyndai. As the overall economy ramps up, so will Deere. They're almost always a pretty safe investment bet, IMHO.

Might be a good time to invest in some Deere Stock !! When people scare and want to sell, has to be some buyers somewhere.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)