AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recommending lodging in Estes Park
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

marbro1
Posted 8/14/2014 19:33 (#4018616)
Subject: Recommending lodging in Estes Park

Southwest Iowa
The family and I are heading out to Colorado the 1st weekend in September to attend my cousin's wedding celebration. We plan on going out a few days in advance of the party and spend some time in Estes Park. I know there's been quite a bit of discussion on here lately since it's summer vacation time about that area and that a lot of Nat'ers like spending time close to Rocky Mountain National Park.

I've been looking on the visitestespark.com website trying to find some lodging for 2 nights. We wouldn't mind staying in one of those cabin/cottage places, but it's hard to tell from their websites which are the good ones and the ones to stay away from. Every place shows they're nicest, cleanest, most attractive features, but you know that they're leaving some of the bad out. So I'd hate to reserve a place being almost 600 miles away and then arrive to find out that it's a dump.

Just curious if anybody has been out there this summer or the past few years and can recommend a place that they stayed and wouldn't hesitate to go back. We'll be traveling with our 3 kids that are all under the age of 7 so something kid friendly would be a plus.

We wouldn't mind a Holiday Inn or one of those places, but we kinda figured the kids would enjoy telling their friends how they stayed in a "cabin" out in the mountains.

Thanks for any replies and recommendations that you can think of!

Marbro1
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)