AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Double ears
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kinzepower
Posted 7/31/2014 02:12 (#3994337 - in reply to #3994189)
Subject: RE: Double ears

SW Ontario
Hanktbd - 7/30/2014 22:36

Well that's what always happens here also. Till this year. Probably half our corn this year has double ears averaging about 16x35 and we are now in the dough stage. Been expecting them to abort but not happening yet. If they make it to dent stage I will try to post pics. Many fields in this area are similar so nothing special I am doing except that it lseems to be happening more in the numbers with less ear flex where the primary ears is maybe 16x42 whereas the numbers with more flex are running about 16x48 but with no double ear.

Bunch of years ago we had lots of summer rains and the second ears did actually contribute. About 3 second ears (only bottom 1/3 filled) amounted to one ear.

Hey...it can happen. We have an amazing crop right now and have been getting so much rain that the tile are still running...crazy yield potential for up here in the land of polar bears.

Will I see some 250bu corn?

BTW...since this it the marketing section I better add...high yield in Ontario Canada can really contribute to the North American carry over...NOT! :)

Edited by kinzepower 7/31/2014 02:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)