AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying new car
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Suey
Posted 7/27/2014 21:41 (#3989168 - in reply to #3988874)
Subject: RE: Buying new car

WCIL

I think dealers are only use to dealing with the average person.  To many of them, their car is their most expensive possession.   I don't want to be smothered.   I came to buy a vehicle.   To me a car is a way to get from point A to point B.   I'm not going to finance this vehicle.   I'm going to write a check.  (You're going to what?)  When I bought my car they ran me around to 3 different people,  one to sign that I wasn't going to finance through them.  Right now my time is much more important to me.   I'm not here to haggle.   I hate haggling.  Give me your best deal.  I'll compare one or 2 places.   Best one gets the sale.   I'm not going back to you and say so and so.       We have a Toyota Tacoma pickup.   Salesmen,  start to show off all the  extras.   I say:  well that needs to go,  won't take long for that to break off,  can I get it without carpet.    They just look puzzled.    Now when we take that pickup in for service  I  think... they might understand the desire to have no carpet or cloth seats.   And we do have special  floor mats.  

We will be special ordering our reg cab, long bed,  no carpet, Dodge  4x4 pickup.    Give us what we want.   Not what you want to drive  or sell.    I so wish our favorite dealer was still there.   Dennis understood us.  No haggle,  no time wasting.  Gave us the price.  2 days later drove it off the lot.   

Reading about some of these salesmen  makes me want to  avoid all dealerships.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)