AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SC Iowa to Minot ND
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 7/16/2014 17:10 (#3971424 - in reply to #3971318)
Subject: RE: SC Iowa to Minot ND

There is a KOA at Moorhead, on the east side, just off I-94. Expensive as most KOA. A few miles east of Moorhead there is a Minnesota state park that is more reasonable, if its not full. Buffalo River State park east of Glyndon on US10.

Woodall says there's a city park in Fargo, Lindenwood Park with camping. 701-232 3987. Might take a road map or google to find it. I read that its at the end of 17th AVE S, I've not been there. I have been at the KOA and Buffalo River State park in 2008. I was able to store my camper and truck at the KOA for $5 a day while it did a 5000 mile trip by bus and rail. State park cost $3 a day entry fee plus the camping fee.

Woodall also says there camping in West Fargo at the Red River Valley Fair Campground. 800-456-6408

I think once you get a few dozen miles west of the twin cities, I-94 flows well. Around the cities its a linear parking lot. I-35 to within a couple dozen miles of the cities is good. If I was driving interstates, I'd take US 14 west from Owatonna, then MN 4 or MN 15 north to I-94 to avoid the cities a long ways. US 14 is new in the past three or four years. Or I'd take MN19 from west of Northfield over to MN 15 and go north. Uncrowded 2 lane roads beats 5 mph or less on 27 lane wide interstates. Pick up a MN travel guide, logging guide, and road map at the welcome center on I-35 just north of the border for more details.

I380 to US 20 and west to I-35 works well, probably better than US218 and US18 alias IA 27 to get to I-35, but I've not tested the US218 route all the way. I80 to Des Moines and north is a few miles longer and a few minutes slower than 380 and 20.

Gerald J.

Edited by Gerald J. 7/16/2014 17:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)