AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I-29 observations. Glacial lakes fishing help?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Ethanol insider
Posted 7/13/2014 20:59 (#3966699)
Subject: I-29 observations. Glacial lakes fishing help?

Adams, NE
Drove from Kansas City to Webster, South Dakota the last day. Corn along I-29 looks as good as it gets (a few holes from the hail storms in June). Not sure if I have ever seen it look this good this time of the year. I can see why the market is bearish. Lots of good corn out there if the current pattern continues. It just needs time.

I was suprised by the lack of tassels once I got north of Blair. We are in full on pollination in southern Nebraska. Come on growing degree days for these guys up north. I'd say keep the rains to a minimum, but it looks like you guys are used to fighting the water up here.

I'll be eating breakfast at boomers in Webster, sd. I'll have a black a&b cattle hat on. Stop and say hi if you are around. Also, point us in the right direction for fishing as there are so many options up here.

Demand from the ethanol industry is going to remain strong at these prices. Just need to get rid of the product. Ethanol is backing up because of horrible rail car performance. Distillers are dirt cheap because of poor demand in the face of increasing production. Ddgs need the Chinese and it does not feel like that is going to happen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)