AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reporting acres @ FSA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Curt Keiser
Posted 7/9/2014 13:22 (#3959528 - in reply to #3959008)
Subject: RE: Reporting acres @ FSA

Beresford SD
When you report your acres to FSA crop insurance will with the maps you provide with crops acres from your FSA 578 will allow me as an adjuster to visually compare your fields in the event of a claim and verify the acres to be correct. It also shows on thew FSA 578 the share you have so that also can be verified. I am an adjuster but if you have not reported your acres I will myself measure all acres on fields with claims. To verify share you will need to provide documentation such as elevator assembly sheets showing share on them. If you have certified your acres I,as an adjuster can download your FSA report and maps and have a lot of the work done before I even get to your farm. Certifying at FSA speeds the claim process up and your getting paid in the event of a loss. I have seen how helpful this is many times over because I travel to areas that have high losses in any given year.
Reporting to FSA has no bearing on your ability to buy Federally subsidized crop insurance or effect the premium cost one way or the other.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)