AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone on here speak german?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WTXCottonguy
Posted 7/9/2014 22:30 (#3960373 - in reply to #3960148)
Subject: RE: Wow so many replies! Here is my question

Lorenzo, tx
I don't have a really good reason to learn it. I'm around Spanish everyday, I would certainly get more practice and use out of Spanish but I already know a little bit and it just doesn't appeal to me. The words seem to slur together almost. It almost sounds dirty to me. German seems to have more distinct pronunciations and seems to be spoken a little slower. Plus the vocabulary is very close to english in a lot of ways. They both have the same germanic roots.

The bigger question is why learn a second language? Its a challenge, pure curiosity. Am I capable? I'm able to do it using an app on the go with what very little free time I have such as tractor work. Its not a complete waste it sharpens my mind and I'm learning. My mind has gotten so lazy since Ive been out of school for 6 years. To the point I notice it. I think, I use to do that math in my head, or I could read for hours and not get distracted or tired. I have no work related reasons for learning this, nor do I have any family that speaks it to my knowledge. I simply have set my mind to it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)