AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need to turn bale from one elevator to another.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

markris
Posted 7/8/2014 09:28 (#3957269 - in reply to #3956521)
Subject: RE: Need to turn bale from one elevator to another.

western wisconsin near la crosse
You are correct. I believe it was Meyers manufacturing that made what they called a power bale wagon, had a conveyor that ran in the floor of the bale wagon. It had a fiberglass slide that you attached to the discharge side of the wagon to turn the bales 90 degrees with a downward slope into the elevator. I have exactly the same problem as you in my hay barn. I actually bought one of the fiberglass slides and fashioned a chute out of that and plywood to make a slide to do what you are talking about. I did this about 25 years ago but still use it today. I considered what was called a power curve to do that job but thought that this would be cheaper and work better in my barn.
Today I don't know if you could find the chute or if anyone makes a power curve, my suggestion would be to check around, might find one for sale somewhere as most people don't use small squares anymore. I don't think a children's slide would be wide enough for hay bales. Maybe something like a waterpark uses or find someone to fabricate something? If you have any questions about what we are using I'll try to help. Mark
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)