AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

feed wagon advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

oakridge
Posted 7/6/2014 10:07 (#3953680)
Subject: feed wagon advice

West Central Wisconsin
My dad and I had an very good working relationship in the fact that I took care of the crops and he took care of his beef herd. After his unexpected passing march, my wife and I have decided to take on the cattle feeding adventure. I used to feed steers to finish and had pretty good success with it but that was 5 years ago. We are not interested in the cow/calf side of the operation. I have always enjoyed taking the feed that we raised, feeding it to calves and watching them grow. We want to start out this fall with 50 calves. We truly want to make this operation grow so that I can start staying home instead of working my summer construction job. (this is long ways off yet). with that said, I used to feed by guess and trial as to feed amounts. I am very numbers orientated so I want to get a feed wagon with a scale to track our feed costs and inputs. Can someone recommend a economical feed mixing option? It would not need to process hay at this time. I have already asked a neighbor to grind hay for me as needed. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)