AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

so-even though I bought a put and screwed up-now what?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MU1979
Posted 7/6/2014 08:00 (#3953411 - in reply to #3953279)
Subject: RE: so-even though I bought a put and screwed up-now what?

Missouri

Better part of 20 years experience using options, being in the same position as you, reduced to few sentences.  I try to purchase options in two's.  It is combination of using options for protection and speculation because when the markets move like this.  I can get my original money back and have one put to keep as it was designed.  It is management within the option futures trading account itself to minimize the cost to insure my real commodities.  So you are in a pickle, by taking money off the table you lift your protection.  I have the same trade but at 11.60 Nov and will be taking half off the table on the next down step if it happens.  Maybe Monday.  At same time have seen them move so fast that one can relax and wait. Over the years unfortunate some of the best trades have been mistakes. Like being on vacation or the broker not available on a Friday.  Where you are and what you do is the cost of learning.  Actually a Good Problem. With real money on the table one learns fast.  Best way to learn is to work threw your specific question. Hindsight will be 20/20. This is a game that I play to reward myself for listening to the radio and following the market for my business. Your question is only another chapter of the book.  Getting out of Option positions.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)