AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Note of caution..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 6/24/2014 08:48 (#3934823)
Subject: A Note of caution..

Vailcat's link below about temperature data tampering.. speaking of messing with trendlines.. got me looking at my local weather data.. 

We have YET to have OFFICIALLY a 100 degree day here.. we got CLOSE in May at 99.?? but still below it.. so.. well.. we're off to a wonderful start eh?  Golly how does that compare to like.. 2012...???

(gulp) exactly the same.. NO 100's at this point yet either.. then we kicked off something north of 30 of them.. and fried the crop..  Not sure about 2011 (no time to look it up but..)  I remember the big turning point then was around the 4th of july.. BOTH of those crops were farther along then we are now and we STILL had massive losses... so...

The forecasts are better and maybe things are off to a better start this year.. but.. the fourth of July is known as being a key turning point..

later,

btw if you argue for no heat going forward.. then we still have 9% of the bean crop to plant.. which will NEED heat to mature...

Things are too tight for there to not be some fireworks.. one would conclude..???

but.. "I could be wrong."  ???

that being said I agree that we are off to a good start... but you still have to finish. 

Edited by JonSCKs 6/24/2014 09:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)