AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 6420?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GregChuckles
Posted 6/22/2014 22:48 (#3932546)
Subject: John Deere 6420?

I hope Garvo doesn't laugh at me too much, because yes I'm still looking for a MFWD tractor. The 4020 got me through another winter and another wet spring with lots of mud but it was a challenge, but I'm still looking and being patient, hope I find a deal or something as I'm not in dire need at this point in time, the 4520 will have to limp along another year haying.

For those of you that don't know, in looking for a MFWD ytactor to do loader work to replace a high houred 4020 and a 4520 to do haying, etc. I'm not getting rid of the 4020, just wanna find something to get around in the mud in the spring during calving. I'd like to find a 4250 or 4450-55 or 7000-7010 series tractor but have come up empty. They're expensive but have high hours?

But I have found an 06 JD 6420 with power quad with 1800 hours, was never used hard, doesn't have a grapple the guys just a grain farmer and used it to move snow, pick some rocks, and run grain auger. Really good shape. What do you think of these tractors? I'd like to have a few more hp than this model but this would be better as similar in size as 4020 to get around in smaller pens, hay yard, etc? And the lhr is a nice thought?

How costly is it going to cost to add grapple and third valve? Also it's got the electronic power quad, how do they work so let's say I start in b2 and power shift to b3 b4 clutch to c range does it automatically start in c1 or do you have to push the buttons?

For those of you that have em or had one, what's your thoughts on these tractors as far as reliability, problems, etc and did you like it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)