AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pasture rent
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

buford
Posted 6/22/2014 19:57 (#3932191)
Subject: Pasture rent

Today's discussion on pasture rent brought up some old memories. Few topics stir up more emotions than pasture rent. Few years ago I was online reading an ag discussion board for the very first time. It was Agweb. There was a guy asking what different rental rates were around the country. I had just leased a pasture out so I shared the details of my arrangement. Man, did I get a butt chewing mostly by a guy named DB51. (turned out he was always kind of an arrogant know it all and last time I looked he had driven most of the good posters off that site). Anyway, I explained that all I had done was shared the info from my area, no more no less. His stance was that I was ripping the guy off, even though several other posters had shared their arrangements and were somewhat similar. It seems like more times than not people feel that pasture rents are too high. Now, fast forward to today and some guy is getting reamed because he got the pasture too cheap. So, therefore I have an idea. We set up a committee called PRICE. No pasture can be rented unless it has been run by the PRICE committee. Price stands for:
PASTURE RENTAL INTERVENTION COMMITTEE EXPERTS.
That way all pasture will be rented for the perfect price, not too high and not too cheap. Just perfect. The committee will be chaired by DB51.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)