AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another stake in the heart of Global Warming..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chimel
Posted 6/13/2014 23:47 (#3917840 - in reply to #3917535)
Subject: RE: Another stake in the heart of Global Warming..

GregWCIL - 6/13/2014 18:59
There you go with the same BS reasoning that the press is full of. You so casually slip in a reference to man-made global warming causing flooding in Miami beach.

Well I wouldn't build a global warming theory from anecdotes either, I only mean that it fits with and illustrates perfectly the theory. It is important to provide real life examples because many persons seem to somehow believe in stuff for which there is no evidence, and disbelieve in stuff for which there is evidence. Talk about objectivity... Floridan Republicans and Democrats alike don't doubt global warming anymore, ask them if it's an anecdote or if the recent regular floods are caused by solar flares or Antarctica volcanoes.

Don't ask me about the ocean level 150 years ago or if the 8 inch figure is correct, ask the scientists who have the data or research it for yourself. I am not making any of these claims, just repeating what the NY Times journalist (who I trust for having double-checked this research) wrote. I would not have bothered linking the article if it was from just a blogger. Journalists still have standards.

By the way, I thought the paper referenced by the Daily Caller was the same as the one on Ars Technica, but they are not, even though they were surprisingly published at about the same time. So that explains the different conclusions. Still, it's kind of weird that none of the 2 articles mentions the other paper, and weirder yet that 2 different research teams worked on basically the same stuff, also without acknowledging each other.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)