AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Articulated tractor antenna location
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Kamp
Posted 3/27/2008 13:43 (#343087 - in reply to #342359)
Subject: Brand tractor? Brand System? Universal?

Central SD
Not to disagree, because I really don't know. We have a 'Greenstar'-'integrated' autosteer on our 'JD' 4-WD and our antenna is on the front of the cab and it works great. I have never calibrated a 'system'. The original post doesn't state whether or not the system is integrated or universal, it doesn't state what brand the system is, or what brand of articulated the system is going on. Do all systems have the ability to program in antenna position in relation to steering axles etc. ? I've seen pictures on here of CATS that have the antenna mounted on steel tubing 6-8 feet out in front of the cab. Why? No pivot. It just makes me think that it must be very system-brand variable.

In my experiences of calibrating a 'system' (Raven Smartrax integrated on a JD 4720 sprayer). I found that calibration measurements and settings could be played around with to fool the system and improve performance. With the integrated JD system on a 4720, I found that the factory recs and actual measurements work very well. Maybe a JD ATU on a 4-WD needs played around with. I guess I saw the link post and thought it might help the guy out, because I know IASCR is a JD GPS tech and I figured he had done a few.

Edited by Kamp 3/27/2008 19:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)