AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Classic car
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Biff
Posted 6/2/2014 22:25 (#3899193 - in reply to #3898045)
Subject: RE: Classic car

Southern Ab
I will post a pic of one car I'm looking at. I know this is not a good purchase for a whole lot of reasons. First off I plan to drive it far and fast. The value, if any, is in the low mileage. Second these aren't really cool cars. After '73 it was just a downhill slide. Then Smokey and the Bandit kind of saved the day and they went another 3 or 4 years. After '81 I don't like the cars at all.
This is a '79 with less than10000 miles,403 auto.. It's in Canada so that saves me $500 in fees to get it across the line. The guy wants 29900 but I see it as a 24000 car. Hagerty puts it at 30000 or more but I think that's high.
In 1979 3 of us bought a Trans Am and took it for a 3 week spin around the US. Then came back and sold it for a bit of a loss. But worth every penny from the brief moments I remember. So that's my attachment to the car. We all buy that kind of stuff whether it's a tractor like grandpas or a worn out pickup. My other first choice would be a '65 Mustang fastback or Heaven help me a Datsun 240z.

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (98KB - 69 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)