AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rats - Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/2/2014 06:25 (#3897756)
Subject: Rats - Help

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I noticed some digging under the old dryer bin this spring but blew it off because I was busy. Last week, I noticed a rat running around the bin in broad daylight. I got out the Tomcat peanut butter poison chunks and placed them in some 90 degree downspouts that I had lying around.

The next day I noticed the bait was all gone so I reloaded. The following day, the bait was gone again and the poison container had blown over and the cover came off. The container was cleaned out completely. I got another container of rat poison and reloaded again. $20 worth of poison disappeared in two days.

Yesterday I noticed what appeared to be new digging under the finished end of my shop which is close to the grain bin. Later yesterday I was working on the planter with the big door open. I saw a rat run into the shop and hide behind the waste basket. I made some noise and chased it out the door.

This is serious! I'm open to any and all suggestions. I plan on getting more rat poison today. I'm told that rats will carry the bait chunks back to their burrows which may explain why I'm seeing so much disappear. I'm not into pets. I'm not sure of the effectiveness of traps etc. Continued use of poison seems to be the easiest approach.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)