AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

50 year and 40 year milestones on today's date.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 6/2/2014 06:13 (#3897741 - in reply to #3896025)
Subject: RE: 50 year and 40 year milestones on today's date.

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
dairymanswife - 6/1/2014 07:41

Such a nice looking couple, you and your wife age very well. Did your dad ever remarry? I can't imagine what he went through. So sad that the only memories you have of your mom is when she was sick. Do you have older sisters that took over some of the mom jobs of the house after your mom passed away? I remember when I was in 5th grade my mom got sick and was in the hospital for 23 days. I was the youngest of 5 kids and my dad had to try and take care of us. My mom still had an old wringer washing machine. He got a neighbor to help with laundry and it wasn't long after that that my mom got a new washer and dryer. I would also like to hear some of the stories if it isn't too hard for you to write them down.

A bit surprised that you actually know the date that you met. I know Dave wouldn't know and I have to admit that I don't even know when we met, it was July of 1973 during the county fair. That is as close as I can get it...haha

Yes dad remarried 4 years later in 1968 I think it was. She had 4 kids so there is 14 total with all siblings and step-siblings included. Both my dad and step-mother are gone now. I honestly don't remember the last time we have all go together in one gathering. Probably in 1983 when my dad died. Very hard to get this many together when we're spread all over the country.

The date I met Karen was easy to remember as it was the ten year anniversary of my mothers death. I can still remember a lot of the conservation we had that night. What's scary is I have a hard time remembering what she told me to do 5 minutes ago sometimes :-),
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)