AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MOJO RTK, Cat tractor, JD field doc, Insight and Farmworks; What a rainbow can I really do all this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Francksaskfarmer
Posted 3/24/2008 00:46 (#340558)
Subject: MOJO RTK, Cat tractor, JD field doc, Insight and Farmworks; What a rainbow can I really do all this?

Edgeley, Saskatchewan
I am starting to have quite a rainbow of equipment and precision hardware and software but here is what I am trying to accomplish:
I have a MOJO RTK on a Cat MT 865, my seeder is a Seedmaster toolbar with a new JD 1910 seed cart with a Greenstar monitor
I also have an Insight yield monitor on A NH860 combine.
My mapping software has been Farmworks for the last 5 years and I have been happy for the most part importing yield from a PF 3000 until this coming harvest

I want to be able to run a heading for my auto steer and be able to store lines as well.
Mojo does not currently provide any of that and as far as the heading goes they are saying the update will be after spring.

Can I put my insight in the tractor to accomplish this? Will I have a guidance screen and a heading capability? If not currently what do I need to make it work?
I realize that the Insight or a GS2 would not steer my tractor but all I am looking for is a manual steering for the first path to be able to set up my B point on the Mojo on the right heading.

Being that I have the JD air cart, I thought I could log and map all the field inputs with it. And if I would upgrade to the GS2 display and feed Neema from the MOJO, I could basically accomplish the mapping the heading and the storing of lines without having to double Log info into the insight and also I could keep the insight in the combine.
Are my assumptions on the GS2 or even field doc (I realize I would need a 2nd brown box) correct? Or what else would I need?

Would these 2 possibilities be compatible with Farmworks?

What a mess isn’t it?
But I think I can make things work.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Francksaskfarmer
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)