AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If an Law Enforcement Officer gives you a ticket...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WEEDO
Posted 6/2/2014 09:19 (#3898071 - in reply to #3893337)
Subject: RE: If an Law Enforcement Officer gives you a ticket...

NC
Coastal, If im not mistaken I recall from some of your earlier posts that you are located in NC. I am also in NC and have been pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt more times than I can keep count of but have never been what I guess you would call "convicted" of any of them. A local lawyer gave me some very good advice a few years ago about what to do regarding farm plates and seatbelts since there is some grey area regarding enforcement of the law (GS-20-135.2A). Lawyer told me to politely inform the LEO of the exemption which you fall into and if the LEO still wants to write you a ticket just let them. Before your court date just go to the courthouse and carry with you drivers license, registration, a printed copy of (GS-20-135.2A), a printed copy of (GS-20-88) and the ticket ask to speak with a magestrate (sp) and tell them the situation. The ticket will be dropped on the spot. This method has worked for me 100% in several NC counties. Seems like a lot of trouble but so is putting on a seatbelt 30 times per day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)