AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Free Tools for Google Earthj
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

MidNight Mapper
Posted 3/24/2008 02:11 (#340581 - in reply to #340398)
Subject: Re: Free Tools for Google Earthj

Colorado and Oz
A "hardcopy" document is essentially dead information... IMHO. A link to that same information and use via the information cloud is not. Certainly rental of your products is not part of the MapShots license? And buy the way, there are a number of innovations that once were, as you call them, roll-your-own. I don't claim to fully understand the ethernet nor should be considered any sort of expert; I am an evangelist of information advantages that are appearing. The virtual worlds that are increasingly useful, timely and representative of current information makes for fertile ground for the "neogeo" hacker. I find both the macro and micro qualities of GE, VE and WW quite exciting. Would MapShots be concerned if a consultant transferred/served a "generated" layer to a Google Earth or Virtual Earth client/user? Is KML export available or soon available in your products to help allow roll-your-own innovations?

Personally I think your critique is flawed by a need to preserve the status-quo? Mash-ups of data are used by the millions. I feel you underestimate the skills of the PA community. Do mash-ups fit PA? Hard to say as I don't know if anyone has really tried? Maybe this thread might shed some light on such innovations? With pervasive wireless information linkages and cell phones that are more computationally powerful than any VRT controller you have to wonder if Net 2.0 innovation may be passing PA by? Don't worry Ted, the pace of PA innovation has been so dismal and fragmented that it will allow MapShots many, many more years of updates and new version releases.... And isn't FODM open source now? Could FODM accept KML layers?

Thoughts?
MidNight Mapper
aka neil

Edited by MidNight Mapper 3/24/2008 02:19

(GB_Google.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments GB_Google.jpg (111KB - 112 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)