AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My brother would have been 68 on Sunday
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 5/20/2014 12:41 (#3879857)
Subject: My brother would have been 68 on Sunday

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS
This past Sunday my older (and only) brother would have been 68. He's been gone since December of '04. His second heart attack got him. There were/are other issues but they are not important now. We farmed together all through the '70s and into the early '80s when we both "went under." I didn't realize at the time just how good those years were. We had both managed to get back on our feet financially and he had bought back some of the land that my father had lost at the end of our original farming ventures. On that he had a successful hay operation going. We had plans for me to return to the farm and go into business with him, but, obviously, all those plans went by the wayside. Since I don't have a picture of him on this computer I found a picture of a tractor just like the first one he purchased when he started farming in about '70 or '71 and am posting it in his memory. I didn't like driving it very much because I greatly preferred the comfort and ease of operation of our JD's but it was a tough old tractor. Like most brothers we had our share of disagreements and arguments but even with all that I sure do miss him.

Edited by clevepreach 5/20/2014 12:43

(706-2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 706-2.jpg (133KB - 1007 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)