AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fixing EZ-guide shape files and file imports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gravel08
Posted 3/21/2008 19:23 (#338836)
Subject: Fixing EZ-guide shape files and file imports

USA
Too much snow and mud in this part of the world for proper field testing of our new EZGuide 500, but we did some trial logging in a parking lot along with quite a lot of static testing for GPS accuracy.

This unit was upgraded to firmware 3.0 last week. All of the resulting shapefiles from the parking lot test had corrupt tables with an error message indicating a feature table error when attempting to import them into Arcview 3.x.

The tables looked OK in Excel, but apparently were not constructed properly. Finally found a shapefile repair utility that fixes the problem. The utility is also useful because it writes a new set of shape files for each repair and allows you to use more detailed names as opposed to the redundant names of "swath" or "coverage" that goes into each field folder. The program may be downloaded at http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=13733

At this point I am trying to figure out if there is a way to import field layout lines into the EZ 500 for use as guidelines. Is there a naming convention that should be used for importing shapefile line data?

For example if I have a contour layout generated from a high accuracy digital elevation model and develop my own desired traffic pattern using GIS, is it possible to import the shape file key lines into the EZ-guide?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)