AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The estate thread from below............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 5/16/2014 21:57 (#3874425 - in reply to #3874011)
Subject: RE: The estate thread from below............

North of London
You lay out a 'situation'
Now it can be easy to assume the person(s) that were responsible for paying the bills skimmed some off BUT I will put out some other possibilities that I know have happened to elderly.
Elderly start to have problems 'thinking' properly in some cases.
If they live alone and become lonely the can easily be scammed by people totally unrelated to them.

Know a situation where an elderly lady was paying a neighbour a large fee to pick up her mail and a family member stopped to get her mail at least every other day for no charge.

Then there are the religious preachers with their TV programs and the sizeable sums of money they entice elderly to send to them.
Actual example when family were tidying up everything after the funeral they found paper evidence of just how much money their mother had sent to TV preachers in her last year of life.

And then there was the example of a man who started just gifting substantial sums of money to people who he did not even know apparently on a whim.
The family happened to come across a thank you note in his home and were surprised at how much had been given away when they looked further into his habits.

So I am saying you need to have good evidence before jumping to conclusions.
Just be sure there is a guilty party before asking too many pointed questions.

It is also a reminder that we should all be careful when we select a guardian to take over when we reach that stage where the grey matter is not functioning properly anymore.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)