AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I hope you boys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ecmofarm
Posted 5/15/2014 10:09 (#3871499 - in reply to #3871441)
Subject: RE: I hope you boys

EC Mo
The traders and you bears on here can ignore reality and usually do for a while but in the end reality will rear its ugly head for you guys.The carryout has already been lowered over 500 million bushels from initial predictions for 2013 and we were told of demand destruction that was merely a figment of the bears imagination.Its all just living on predictions that never come true and using these predictions to drive the market in the direction you want.If you look at all the numbers that are actually facts and ignore the predictions I really don't see anything bearish for the corn market.There is a chance of raising 165 yield this year but what is it,maybe a 10% chance.We have NEVER raised that yield before and with ideal conditions last year only managed 158.If all the corn up north fails to get planted and with only average conditions over the rest of the country corn supplies could get really tight especially if prices continue declining and demand keeps strengthening.As far as the post above about protecting myself the answer to that is I raise a crop before I sell it.That is my protection.That has always turned out extremely well since you cannot make an informed decision until all the facts are in.Yield times price equals income. Until you have the crop in the bin you only have 50% of the facts.Why make a decision with only half of the facts? Only answer to that is out of fear.Fear causes majority of sales from farmers and all the predicting of gloom and doom seemed to cause a ton of selling this winter at lower prices.Sad but true.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)