AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to grow a farming operation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 5/13/2014 15:42 (#3868279 - in reply to #3867839)
Subject: RE: How to grow a farming operation

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
if you are wanting land, and willing to cover it with hog manure if more permits are allowed, then i would suggest putting your email on your profile so some guy can email you and offer you a farm.

How many land sales have you been to, how many times have you bid, how many realators have you talked to and gave them bids on property for sale and rent. I have bought 4 farms within a hour after i was the second to last bidder at a auction, there is only a few buyers at a auction but alot of sellers are there to watch who is bidding and if you are sitting on your hands they probably are not going to read your mind. I guess my questions about the 20 to 35 yr old iowa farmer is why do they all want to raise corn and pigs, is there not anything else to raise in iowa. I love iowa, but i watch people make money doing what everyone else is not doing. do iowa people only eat corn on the cob and pork chops? the bbq's i go to have everything so why not grow it. i make a living on 37 ac and a stay at home dad, no i am not raising corn, and wish i had your hog manure, but its a little more profitable then corn and hogs, I will never put down raising corn and hogs espically in iowa, but if you are trying to make more money dont try to compete with older people who have alottttttttttt more money then you. there is something else ag related where you can be self employed that has your name all over it, you just have to find it and only you can do that. ask you banker what he thinks of doing some pharmasutical crops or specialty crops on a few acres, there is no crop insurance, there is no farm payment, and there is no protection and hopefully the banker will say which means you got your answer to go ahead and do it. You want to do something that your banker says no to if your going to make some money, if he tells you no he will also tell you competitors no also, hence no competition or less anyway, second do something that requires alot of work when everyone else wants to play golf, that will surely keep you from having a competitor. good luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)