AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snowmobiler rant again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 5/7/2014 20:46 (#3858145 - in reply to #3857401)
Subject: RE: Snowmobiler rant again

North of London
Mark, you might be a fine fellow who would not damage anything with your machine BUT not everyone is so upstanding and it is the idiots that left me not wanting those machines on my land.

Now you are correct I am an old man.
Had a snowmobile trail across one of our properties in the 1970ies which I gave permission for.
It ran along the south side of a creek, I planted trees on the north side of the creek AND put up NO SNOWMOBILE signs with the assistance of the club on the north side.
Could not keep some idiots from crossing the creek on the ice going right by the signs and hill climbing over the trees breaking their tops since they were small enough to be mostly under the snow.

Then I was told that one of the members of that club was bad mouthing me because they went off the trail and drove over a stone pile, upset their machine and broke something on it.

I was getting fed up with this carrying on when they decided to use a different route and I decided not to allow them to run on other properties so they now run just across the boundary on a neighbours property.
I work in my woodlot beside the trail and seldom go to the woodlot without seeing tracks on my property even though it is not part of any trail.

Now here is another thing that I notice which would give me no pleasure riding those noisy machines.
I can be working in the woodlot within 10-15 metres of the trail and the machines go by and they are so busy following the trail and the machine ahead of them that few ever even notice me there even with my tractor parked near.
I used to cross country ski and could enjoy the scenery while travelling.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)