AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Searching for Indian artifacts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Juan Garza
Posted 5/6/2014 14:40 (#3856208 - in reply to #3856198)
Subject: RE: Searching for Indian artifacts

hwdcne - 5/6/2014 14:26

I live very close to an old Indian settlement and I here of people finding things there from time to time.  What never ceases to amaze me however is why did the Indians leave so many arrowheads in some of these sites?  I know they were not easy for them to make and it has puzzled me for years why there would be so many of them.  I was at a sale in SW KS several yeas ago of a deceased active Indian artifact hunter. The family was selling his life time accumulation of Indian artifacts.  He probably had 10-20 displays of arrowheads in all configurations artfully displayed that were sold.  I arrived at the end of the artifacts but as I remember some of those displays brought less then $20 and one fairly large box of assorted stones that had some connection with Indians only brought $2.  I overheard the fellow that purchased the collection of stones say he was probably going to throw them away.  Later I approached him to see if he would re-sell the box since he apparently didn't want them.  Nope he was going to keep them.  He then went on to show me what each stone was and what function it had for a native.  It was absolutely incredible.  I still can't figure out why the stuff went so cheap.  I would've bid but I had just arrived and had not had a chance to look at what they were selling and figured that something was wrong

Was that the sale at Elkhart ? I know they had alot of artifacts at that sale................
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)