AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

50 mph wind is blowing Semi's over in Nebraska
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 4/29/2014 19:41 (#3844531 - in reply to #3843952)
Subject: RE: 50 mph wind is blowing Semi's over in Nebraska

Southeast Wyoming

I believe Elk Mountain is mile marker 258.  That stretch through there gets bad.  It is west of Laramie.  The Lincoln Monument is at the top of Sherman Hill, at the highest point along I80. 

I was in Cheyenne today and 50 mph gusts and better were common, as were brief white-out conditions.  We had a snow storm about a year ago that shut things down for a couple of days.  This today is mostly just snow squalls passing through.  We did lose power for over an hour Sunday evening and only briefly this morning before 7.  We have 2 seasons:  winter and The 4th of July. 

There is a 12 mile construction area with single lane 2 way traffic around the Potter Exit.   I see the Cabela's water tower at Sidney in the back ground of some of your pictures.   There is a 7 tower center pivot a few miles west of Sidney that was blown over by south winds sometime this winter or past fall.  The north winds we are having today are more typical.

I hope you have a safe trip.  Thx for posting the pictures of "home sweet home". 

Edited by Gary Lyon 4/29/2014 19:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)