AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol industry finally taking off the gloves with big oil
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 4/4/2014 13:42 (#3796807 - in reply to #3796710)
Subject: RE: THANKS FOR BRINGING ETHANOL COSTS TO ATTENTION

East Central South Dakota
Your attitude reflected in your posts is exactly why we have to get rid of agricultural subsidies and go through a tuff period [ maybe tuff period ] and let the market correct. Every time people like you get backed into a corner with facts with ethanol------ you play the subsidy card to raise corn. Only 12 percent of the new farm bill reaches farmers, direct payments are gone completely, with the federally subsidized crop insurance really the only meaningful subsidy left. I have always spoken against crop insurance on here as I truly believe it leads to poor decision making in the farm community both environmentally and from a business stand. The history in the argument for farm subsidies was always to protect the small family farm. Payments were always based on production and tied to acres, so the more you produced and the more acres you farmed--- the bigger the payments. Hence, the process that was started to save small family farms in reality hastened and lead the demise of the small family farm------ [ I am from the government and here to help ] Didn't turn out like they planned.

If you want to start a petition drive to end Agricultural subsidies and crop insurance drive out to see me I will be the first to sign. I think you will be surprised at the amount of producers that would sign. The government wants control and uses the farm bill to exercise this desire. Lots of farmers getting out of farm bill to drain and farm on their own again because the carrot is not big enough for some anymore.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)