AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can a few people spill their guts on a simple grain marketing system?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SkinnyJoe
Posted 4/2/2014 15:04 (#3792523 - in reply to #3792483)
Subject: RE: Can a few people spill their guts on a simple grain marketing system?

just a bit SE of St Paul MN
first off know your costs. all of them down to the penny. that way you know where the money is going, what you can adjust, and the exact number you need to break even. Once you have that, make a marketing plan. you have to do whatever is comfortable for you like you mentioned in your post. Dont make decisions in the heat of the moment. I saw a Cargill guy do a talk on the psychology of marketing (or something like that title) and it was interesting how being emotional and in the moment changed up your whole plan. (usually for the worse). Your marketing plan need to account for multiple price paths. you cant make a plan that only addresses prices rising because if they dont you dont want to be scrambling. Dont beat yourself up if you leave some money on the table. go back and see what signs you might have missed and incorporate them into next years plan. Sorry if i didnt get into exact specifics, but each farm is soooo different it would be too hard to tell you what works for me will work for you. good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)