AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This weeks project
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Clay-All-Over
Posted 7/19/2006 22:57 (#28104)
Subject: This weeks project

Eastern Ontario

Split the 8630 to change the differential drive shaft rear bearing. What a job. Just about he worst thing that could break. Need to disect the whole tranny just to change that one bearing. Its easy taking it apart but putting it back together is another thing. The diff shaft is almost impossible to put back in without the help of a special tool that JD calls " the Dummy Shaft". I made my own out of a 2 1/2 " pipe and some 1/4 " keystock welded on top of it to guide the gears and snap rings onto the diff shaft.

Good thing  I split the tranny cause some of the brake pads were getting loose and started to break apart. The trans. drive shaft also needed some syncronizer rings. Guess thats why the gears were grinding when shifting.

Got her all back together tonight and going to take it for a test drive tomorrow. Waiting for the last Air Conditioning parts to come in tomorrow as well.

Note: If you like doing repairs, buy a 30 series 4WD. You'll get to know it inside and out. Cheap horsepower tho. 

(july 029 (700 x 525).jpg)

(july 028 (700 x 525).jpg)

(july 036 (600 x 450).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments july 029 (700 x 525).jpg (89KB - 397 downloads)
Attachments july 028 (700 x 525).jpg (78KB - 378 downloads)
Attachments july 036 (600 x 450).jpg (66KB - 396 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)