AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

survey in Ukraine-plan is to cut corn acreage in sections
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Maizeing
Posted 3/18/2014 13:27 (#3761129 - in reply to #3761022)
Subject: RE: survey in Ukraine-plan is to cut corn acreage in sections

Ontario's middle east
Gotti, Gotti, Gotti ........ You kinda fit in that broken clock is right twice a day category. All bullish, all the time, eventually it had to work out for you. The chest beating rocket bulls have one minor flaw in there hold corn plan.......the fact that much better opportunities were passed up. I hedged corn May 31/13 at 5.73. Go look if you want, I posted it, the other "dummy" Tara seemed to be the only one that thought it was a good idea.......hmmmmm. I then went on to move the basis early harvest with a good premium......... Don't see that chance coming back.
Last summer you laughed about my predictions of a corn cliff. You can go back and check those posts against some basis charts if you want. We got into harvest, I told you long the basis it's a carry market and watched basis build . Early Dec, I told you cash was starting to move, many areas had basis way to strong given the crop size, dump the basis, spreads are gonna flatten and basis will at best be flat. Not sure where that confused you...... I don't type real fast.
May be I stayed on the bear wagon a little too long into the Jan report. I won't deny that. I'm a stick with what's working til it don't work kinda guy and that has served me well. I jumped on the bull wagon back in early feb when I clearly saw the trend change. I posted my "ESE " chart at the time. I have had lots of strangers email and walk up to me at farmshows and thank me for my contributions in this forum which kinda makes me think it has less to do with what I'm saying and more to do with what you wanna hear. If your story works for you though, go with it, there ain't much point of letting the truth get in the way of a good story. "Have a good one"

Edit, grammar

Edited by Maizeing 3/18/2014 15:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)