AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

my girlfriend just informed me tonight that us farmer are the only 1s that work 7 days a week.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 3/19/2014 15:21 (#3763414 - in reply to #3763083)
Subject: RE: my girlfriend just informed me tonight that us farmer are the only 1s that work 7 days a week.

Frytown, Iowa
You won't like this opinion... I didn't either when it was first givin to me...

I'll repeat myself.

If you are a family man (significant other, spouse, and or kids) then your life is at home. And no matter how much you love your job, your life and time are needed at home. You go to work to MAKE MONEY. Make money so your kids can eat, live in a house... Build memories and teach values. A love for your job that takes 7 full days of work comes about from
A: poor management
B: deception

The first is just poor management. You have a family that needs you, a wife that needs a husband and kids that need a father. If you cannot make enough money to take off at least ONE day a week you are a poor manager and should not be running a business because you can not deligate work to other people like a manager is supposed to. You haven't figured out how to take advantage of hired help that will work for less because of no stress. If you can't make enough money in 5-6 days a week, you would be better off working in town at a job that you sorta like. Because your family needs time with you. I don't care what day of the week you take off, this isn't a religious debate it's a family values debate. And how important they are. I don't care what job you have: dairy, crop, construction, banker, salesman, feed company, mechanic, or electrician. If you cannot manage your work and others to make a free day each week, you are running too inefficiently or not managing well enough to hire a part time or full time employee. If it takes you 7 days to make what you can make in 5 in town you need better management/business decisions. If you can make as much or more in 5 days as a town job in 5 days then you are prioritizing money and pride of your work over your family time and your wife and kids will not be better off. Money doesn't fix everything. Learn to manage and get part time or even full time work so that everyone including you can take time for family.

The second reason is deception because you have been lead to believe that your job is too important to hire out. Only YOU know how to do the job... I cannot think of one job in America that could not be picked up by another with a little training. You are not Gods gift to your job, there are others that will do your job just as well for good money. Learn to use them and let go of micromanagement. If you ever think your job is your life and you love your job soo much that you would rather be there than at home.... Try doing your job for free. Or at a loss. Or pay your help all your earnings. See how fast you LOVE your job. You don't get paid to be married... But you did that for free. And you don't get paid to be a father... But you do that for free.

Don't be deceived that your job is too important or that your life is work because it's not. If you cannot manage your own business to make good money and take off a day even if it means paying someone part time help... Your life is better off working for someone who is that good of a manager that can work you correctly with the right investments to where you can make more money in 6 days for him than you can 7 days for yourself.

Life is about family/relationships. Raising your kids right and being a husband to your wife. Not building the pride farms. Business come and go. Make sure your family doesn't.

I'm not talking about doing 1-2 hours of chores in the morning and evening. I'm talking about the continuous 8-12 hour days 7 days a week. To disagree with this means you are a true business man and should NOT start a family or mess around with girls or any close relationships. Because you will only give them hope of relationships which they need but instead abandonment is what they will get.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)