AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere and Allis-Chalmers promotional items from about 40 years ago.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Owen Taylor
Posted 3/14/2014 17:18 (#3753755 - in reply to #3753525)
Subject: RE: John Deere and Allis-Chalmers promotional items from about 40 years ago.

Mississippi

When we were living in Nashville back in the mid 70s to mid 80s, the Lynns farmed out from Nashville and had some kind of deal with equipment companies to showcase their equipment and the company would bring dealers and big customers out there to see it run. People could go home and say they'd been on Moony and Loretta Lynn's farm.

I remember on one occasion that Debra and I were at a field day in West Tennessee (maybe the first Milan No-Till Field Day) and we were riding on the hay bales from plot to plot. Debra looked to the guy sitting next to her and asked, "Are you Moony Lynn?" He smiled and said, "Yessum, I am" or words to that effect.

He'd just naturally blended into the crowd and the average person probably wouldn't have noticed him. That's how unassuming he seemed to be.

Thanks for posting the piece of the couple together. I hadn't thought of that in years.

Later, Debra did some shooting on their place for maybe a magazine article. By then, I think they were running a German line that maybe was tied into or that had absorbed AC.

"...in a galaxy far, far away."

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)